November 27, 2018
Give Back this Holiday Season
Giving Tuesday began as a social media movement to give back as a way to kick off the holiday season. Not that you need an excuse to give back but it is a nice reminder of what the holiday season is really about! Below I have created a small list of charities and non profits close to my heart with links to donate. You can also do research here for other Columbus charities.
1. A Kid Again: Giving illness a timeout.
You can text AKA 41444 to donate or click here
2. Sam's Fans: Supporting and enhancing music and art therapy programs that serve seriously ill patients and their families.
3. Columbus Humane: Advancing animal welfare since 1883
4. Flying Horse Farms: For a week at a time, being sick takes a back seat to being a kid. A serious fun camp. Here is a link to their giving guide.
5. Ronald McDonald House of Central Ohio: Keeping families with sick children together and near the care and resources they need.
6. Columbus Zoo: Lead and inspire by connecting people with wildlife.
7. Nationwide Children's: Has a new #onyoursleeves campaign supporting mental health. Click here for more information and to donate to the hospital.
8. The Homeless Families Foundation: Not one child, not one night.
Over the course of 2018 Jana Lee's Bake Shop has donated cookies in support of Thread of Hope, a gala benefiting Sam's Fans. Over $5,000 worth of cookies to A&F's Challenge, supporting Serious Fun which in turn benefits Flying Horse Farms. All cookies that don't sell at pop-ups or go unclaimed are dropped off at Ronald McDonald House.
Thank you for supporting Jana Lee's Bake Shop. Without all your amazing support we wouldn't be able to help the charities we believe in!